JCVI have notified us that the following people are part of the COVID booster vaccination programme. These will be people whom received the vaccination in phase 1 (cohorts 1-9) of the vaccination programme. Which includes:
• those living in residential care homes for older adults
• all adults aged 50 years or over
• frontline health and social care workers
• all those aged 16 to 49 years with underlying health conditions that put them at higher
risk of severe COVID-19 (as set out in the green book), and adult carers
• adult household contacts of immunosuppressed individuals”
There must be 6 months between vaccine 2 and the booster vaccination. The government are aiming to contact you when you are able to have the vaccination.
The surgery or PCN are NOT giving the booster vaccination. If you require the vaccination you can book an appointment on the link you are sent either by text or letter. Alternatively, you can call 119 for assistance. The vaccinations will be held at vaccination centres and pharmacies. Please keep a look out as you may be able to ‘walk in’ and not book an appointment.